What is it?
Mobile Deposit is a feature within our Online Banking Mobile App, that allows you to deposit a check from your smartphone or tablet utilizing the camera feature.
What devices support mobile deposit?
A supportable mobile device including cellular phone, tablet or other mobile device that is web enabled, and which may also be capable of receiving text messages. The device must have our Online Banking App downloaded.
Who is eligible?
Customers who have registered for Online Banking and have a checking, savings, or other eligible Bank of Elgin accounts. Customers must also have the app downloaded on the mobile device.
How do I get started?
If you do not have online banking, please register using the blue “Enroll” button on the top right of our website. Make sure you have downloaded our Bank of Elgin App. Under the Transactions Menu tab in the top left hand corner, you’ll see “Mobile Deposits.”
Is there a deposit limit?
You are able to deposit up to $5,000 per account per day. Increased limits may be available upon approval.
How do I know my deposit is accepted?
Images you send Bank of Elgin are not considered received by us until you receive a message from us acknowledging that we have accepted your deposit.
What do I do with my check?
Prior to submitting the check for mobile deposit, make sure it’s properly endorsed.
After taking pictures and submitting the deposit, retain the item for a minimum of 5 business days from the date of the transmission, preventing it from being presented in another form resulting in a duplicate.
What types of checks can I deposit?
Acceptable Mobile Deposit items are as follows: check, cashier’s check, official check, United States Treasury check, or any other payment instrument, drawn on a financial institution within the United States and payable in United States currency that is payable to you.
How do I endorse my check?
The item must contain your endorsement along with the words “For Mobile Deposit Only Bank of Elgin”.
When are the funds available?
If you make a deposit via Mobile Deposit before 3:00pm on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit via Mobile Deposit after 3:00pm or on a day that we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day that we are open.
When Making A Deposit
- Close out all other apps on your phone or tablet before logging in to Mobile Banking
- Properly endorse your check with your signature and the words “For Mobile Deposit Only Bank of Elgin”
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks completely
- Make sure check is visible on solid dark background, contains all four corners, is well lit and in focus
- Position camera above the check so there is no angle or shadows across the check
- Type carefully when entering the amount of the check
- Once the deposit has been successfully completed you will receive an email notification indicating whether the deposit has be submitted for processing, submitted for processing with adjustment (i.e. deposit amount did not match check total) or deposit has been rejected